Monday, June 11, 2007

Words and the Holy Spirit

I love words. I love language. I love trying to find the right words to communicate the right idea or thought picture. The dictionary is one of my most favorite books simply because it categorizes the words I use to think, to dream, to write and to communicate with others. The Word of God was given in written language.

This morning as I read words I have read thousands of times in my life........ put together in a sentence with passion ....coupled with the Holy Spirit........ this truth came alive again to me. How does He do that!

I was reading Spurgeon and again today the gospel was preached to my soul. Oh.... how I need it everyday.

"Beloved, no sin of a believer can now be an arrow mortally to wound him, no condemnation can now be a sword to kill him, for the punishment of our sin was borne by Christ, a full atonement was made for all our iniquities by our blessed Substitute and Surety. Who now accuseth? Who now condemneth? Christ hath died, yea rather, hath risen again. Jesus has emptied the quivers of hell, has quenched every fiery dart, and broken off the head of every arrow of wrath; the ground is strewn with the splinters and relics of the weapons of hell’s warfare, which are only visible to us to remind us of our former danger, and of our great deliverance. Sin hath no more dominion over us. Jesus has made an end of it, and put it away for ever."

Go here to read the entire entry.

2 comments:

Heather_in_WI said...

Amen and amen! He is risen indeed! :-)

I love Spurgeon. Thanks for posting this.

Cara said...

The same quote went down in my journal on Monday, Sandi! Praise God for his overcoming power!