Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Reading

I very much enjoy reading but I am quite picky about what I read. I tend to steer clear of fiction. I mostly enjoy non-fiction......biographies, theology and teaching books. I have tried historical fiction a few times and never got into it until now. I discovered a new author to me. I just read Coronation of Glory...The Story of Lady Jane Grey by Deborah Meroff. I could not put this book down. I felt like the main character was a real person (she was in history) and I could have passed her on the street in the 1500's. I loved the building of the characters and their relationships intertwined with the true events of the time.
I discovered the book here. Inheritance Publications has a booth set up out our local homeschool convention. They carry a series of reformed historical fiction for children too. I am looking forward to buying many more books from them and diving more into historical fiction. The next author I want to read is Deborah Alcock.

2 comments:

Melanie said...

I LOVE reading fiction, but I could lose days if I didn't limit it to bedtime!!!
I think it was CS Lewis who said that fiction often tells greater truths than reality can. Glad to hear your venturing into this world.

Bay said...

Sounds like a book I might need to borrow!! :-)