Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Doctrine of Election and Children

Once again my friend over at LuxVenit has posted her thoughts on The Doctrine of Election. It is well worth the read. I just wish I could write down what I think like she does!

The post freshly reminded me that even my good days are chalked full of sin. I deserve nothing but death! Thanks be to God through our Lord Jesus Christ that I don't recieve what I deserve. It also freshly reminded me that God works all to the good. He is in complete control of the salvation of my children and motivated by grace I want to sow into them as I am called and rest in the peace that He will draw them.
This brings to mind a song written by a friend and pastor at our church.

Jesus, Thank You

The Mystery of the cross
I cannot comprehend
The agonies of Calvary
You the perfect Holy One
Crushed Your Son
Drank the bitter cup
Reserved for me

Chorus
Your blood has washed away my sin
Jesus, thank You
The Father's wrath
Completely satisfied
Jesus, thank You
Once Your enemy
Now seated at Your table
Jesus, thank You

By your perfect sacrifice
I've been brought near
Your enemy You've made your friend
Pouring out the riches of
Your glorious grace
Your mercy and Your kindness
Know no end

Bridge
Lover of my soul
I want to live for You

Pat Sczebel


You can listen to a sample of the song here.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

That is a great post. I just blogged about infant salvation today - when pondering election and the salvation of our living children we have to ask about those who've died. Thankfully much assurance can be found that our little ones are with the Lord! And as Spurgeon reminds us, our tears and greiving must be spent on our living children who are truly at risk of rejecting the gospel and facing an eternity of torment.

Stacy said...

Hi you.

Just wanted to let you know you've been on my heart lately- but especially today. Praying for you and for the hope of a child within you!

~Stacy

Under the Sky said...

The mercy of Christ is so powerful, isn't it? I love it when we experience a fresh renewal of that grace in our reading, worship, or teaching time.

God is so good to refresh us.

Warmly,
Kate