Friday, January 26, 2007

Books We love!

I have wanted to share different books we have been enjoying. I am attempting to learn how to link to the actual book on line but with little success. It is always nice to be able to see the cover. I will just list them until I can figure this out :o)

My 3 year old is in love with a little poetry book called Dinosaurs are Forever by William Wise. Quirky fun poetry and cute illustrations. Any dinosaur lover would like this.

Jamberry by Bruce Degen is one of the cutest books I think I have ever read. My 3 and 6 year old love this book. I have to admit I love it more! It is all about berries in poetry form. The illustrations are darling.

Zipperump-A-Zoo by Mercer Meyer is about beasties. The main characters are fictitious cutie monsters. I didn't think my kids would like it but my son especially asks for this book every story time. They have a beasty for every letter of the alphabet at the beginning of the book and the story is about finding the "Z" beasty.

So You Want To Be An Inventor by Judith St. George introduces young children to inventors in a story form. My 3 year old was into it which surprised me. They give a brief overview of different inventors and their inventions. I thought is was an ingenious way of exposing young children to a subject matter seemingly over their heads.

Have a great weekend!

No comments: