Saturday, January 13, 2007

Books. Books and More Books!

I spent a considerable part of my day today packing up the home school resources that I am not using right now. I kept out resources but not subject specific material. All of my US history material went in a box, all together of coarse. I made a list of each resource and then numbered the boxes. I am in for a long road with the amount of material I have....this is only my second year of home educating! I love books. I love the smell of them, the feel of them and the look of them. I am forever going to have more books then clothes. When I get money to blow...it's 80% books... 20% scrapbook, card making supplies. The next thing on my list is the leather edition of The Valley of Vision. My favorite scene in a movie (related to books) is the library in Beauty and the Beast. Wall to wall and ceiling to floor books! I love the sliding ladder too.

Now I have room to actually use my books because they aren't all crammed on the bookcase. It feels great to have space! Now I can get the school space organized. See pictures below of the chaos

6 comments:

woyaokuang said...

very nice blog! My name is Franco Di Giacomo Would it make fun for you, to make money in the Internet ? (Income for Life!) Yes? NEW Business, see my web

Stacy said...

Me too! About the books. It is my dream to have bookshelves- ceiling to floor, wall to wall. Comfy chairs in the same room. Ahh... :)
~Stacy

Leslie said...

Good for you!! It feels great to get organized.

Anonymous said...

I have five bookshelves in the living room alone! : ) I am trying to get more organized and I have been homeschooling since 1997! Your house looks lovely!

Blessings!
Debbie
www.homeschoolblogger.com/jmj403
Adventures With Books

Heather_in_WI said...

Hi there!

Doesn't it feel great to get organized? The only thing I obsess more about than books is organization. (I won't even tell you how many books on organization I own, LOL.)

LOL, we always think alike -- I share the same dream of floor to ceiling bookshelves! :)

Stacy said...

Oh, I am SO. GLAD. the Honey-Chicken was a hit at your house! :) I'm always a bit worried when posting recipes that my tastes will be completely different from everyone else's! Good to know that at least for this one, it isn't just me.
Blessings to you-
Stacy