Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Where have I been?......in a box?

I have been a bit "blog" brain dead. I will think of something to post and then by the time I get to it I have forgotten or don't have the energy. The unpacking is going well. I have come to the place of a slower pace. Deciding which things won't work in the house and what new things we might need to make it home. For example all our bedrooms are hardwood. In fact the only carpet is in the living room. Small rugs in each bedroom would add to the look and the warmth. I love decorating but for me the picture hanging is the most challenging. And we have a limited budget...so bargain hunting I go!

On the school front... I am trying to get back in the swing of things but finding it hard. It is almost Christmas and I have have lost my steam. Part of it is still getting orginized. If things are a mess I don't function very well. Things need a place or I find it hard to concentrate. I need a loose schedule to get anything done. We haven't done much school for almost 3 weeks due to the move. It has thrown my whole year plan out of wack. LOL!It is good for me to have to wing it but that will only last so long ;o). I need to re-read The Well Trained Mind and a few others books to refocus over the Christmas break.

The treadmill....well I was on it Monday! But that is the first time in 3 weeks. I know! I know! I just moved but getting back going is the problem not the break. My diet has gone south as well. I also have a doctors appt. on the 13th with the Endocronologist/OBGYN concerning having more littles. I lost over 20 lbs. and then gained some back. I haven't weighed because I don't want to know!

Then there is the gift and treasure of my little hobbits. My 3 year old is teaching me much about consistancy! He does not like change but over all has made this transition well. He went from a crib to a toddler bed when we moved. His older sister went into a loft bed when we moved. They were both so excited! My 3 yr old has also taken off in his speech...finally! I asked him the other day what he wants to be when he grows up and he said "Me be T-Rex! So my son is pursuing a career as a giant extinct reptile.
My 6 yr old princess is her sweet easy going self. She is still loving to read and draw. She is doing more imaginitive play with her little brother. It is so fun to watch. She used to say to me all the time "When will he learn to talk mom?". Well...now she has her wish. THey were playing baby fish and rescue yesterday. So sweet to see them enjoying play together and easily understanding each other.

Ths kids have watched way to much TV lately. That thing is like a drug. (a another post)

I am reading a book called "A Mother's Heart" by Jan Fleming. Will give a book review when I am done. I am also reading "The Secret Garden". I needed a no brainer book to read and I never read this as a child. I am really enjoying it. The language is great!

I am getting pictures of our new house back today...so pictures soon!

P.S. Spell check is not working and I am too lazy to check it myself;o)

3 comments:

Stacy said...

It's good to hear from you! :)
Your new home sounds great-- I can't wait to see pictures!

As far as school, I think that's the wonderful thing about homeschooling: if there's a major transition in the family, you can just take time off. I think moving qualifies! :)

I'll be praying for your appt.

~Stacy

Anonymous said...

you are soo in a good place right now love that you are letting god lead and just rolling with his scheduling

love ya

mama lee

Heather_in_WI said...

You changed your blog around right? Please tell me that you did and I'm not imagining things!

I'm glad to hear you're settling into your new house. The homeschooling fairy stopped by and said that you have official permission to take off until January! Get organized, re-group, re-energize! :)

Ugh. I haven't been on my treadmill either. I put the scale away two weeks ago. Ugh. (again). I'm depressed on that whole front. If you find motivation, will you please share it?!?!

~Heather