Friday, October 13, 2006

Cave Painting

We are combining Story of the World and Veritas Press this year in our study of the Old Testament and Egypt. We covered the first people and one of the craft projects is to make a cave painting. So we got out the brown paper and crumbled it all up in a ball to get the cave wall textured effect. Then I tacked it to the wall and we pretended to be cave dwellers painting about our day. We only used colors they could have had like brown, red and purple. My daughter mixed colors and made magenta saying they must of had that color because it was so pretty. LOL! We were going to dress up but when my 6 yr old realized they wore animal skins she wasn't interested. We played Bach in the background and put on painting smocks and went to town. It was so much fun and adorable. I used clear plastic egg cartons to put the paint in so they could hold them as they painted. Even my 3 yr old had a blast. I will post the pictures when I get them.
I thought I wouldn't get into SOTW to much but I LOVE it and so does my daughter. She begs to read it. I can see her reading the book over and over in years to come.

I so enjoy having my children at home, cave painting and mixing magenta. I am so privileged!

1 comment:

Heather_in_WI said...

Ooh ... this counds adorable.

We made the outdoor hut the first week -- having 3 boys and a carpenter husband and all! ;)