Saturday, September 16, 2006

Calling All Moms of Toddlers

I am working through some spiritual goals and one is making, maintaining and actually praying through a list. I have always prayed for people but mostly inconsistently and I am trying to make it more of a joyful discipline in my life. I also want to keep a record of answered prayer as one more way to be thankful.

So.....I am interested in how other moms of small children accomplish this. Do you have a specific time of day you pray, do you have a prayer time with your children regularly or only by yourself? Do you keep a notebook?

I have learned that gleaning form others saves me a lot of time and energy. Most of my ideas have come from some variation of someone else's idea.

A special note to all my loving lurking friends (you know who you are). Here's your chance to give me some input. :o)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! I try to make it a point to pray before and after Bible study. I am accountable to a group for Bible study, and this then extends to my prayer life. Also... it is my desire to start and maintain a prayer list too!
Hes

Stacy said...

I pray during naptime/quiet time at our house. And then throughout the day as I remember. (I pray often in the van, as we're driving places.) I will make a list in my journal and then pray off of the list, sometimes writing out my prayers, other times referring to it as I pray audibly.
Another thing I've done is to keep a prayer journal. I made my own. Just a piece of paper with columns. From L to R: date, person, request, prayer, answered (I usually wrote the date, here, too).
I loved this method. Everytime a prayer was answered, I would highlight it. It was amazing to look back at all the highlighted answers!
Blessings to you as you press into the discipline of prayer!
~Stacy