Saturday, July 15, 2006

Jonah Ethan

Tonight I have been thinking much of my little guy in heaven. He would have been 4 this past April. It's not that I wish he were here because I truly believe if he should have been....he would be. It's more the moments of not knowing what would make him laugh or cry. What little funny quirks he has or what his favorite food would be. Is his hair red like his siblings with fair skin? Would he have been into music, trucks, baseball or hockey? Would he love to read?

Really at the end of the day these things do not matter because Jonah is the most satisfied he could ever be, where he is right now. He has never known sin, suffering or pain. His lullabies have been nothing but heavenly perfection. He doesn't miss this world like I long for his. Thank you Jesus for my son whom you hold. Thank you that you died on the cross so he would go straight from my arms to yours. Because of the cross my son is not dead but very much alive with you.

I think of the little girl we lost to miscarriage March 2005 too. I never got to hold her warm little body and say goodbye but she too will be waiting. What treasures I have in heaven on top of seeing my Lord!

"But we do not want to be uninformed, brothers about those who are asleep, that you may not grieve as others do, who have no hope. For since we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so, through Jesus, God will bring with him those who have fallen asleep. For this we declare to you by a word from the Lord, that we who are alive, who are left until the coming of the Lord, will not precede those who have fallen asleep. For the Lord himself will descend from heaven with a cry of command, with the sound of the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive, who are left, will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air and so we will always be with the Lord. Therefore encourage one another with these words.

1 Thessalonians 4:13-18

See you later sweet Jonah

One of these days I will post the whole story until then take a peek below for pictures...he really is a cutie.

3 comments:

Heather said...

{{{Sandi}}} You'll be in my thoughts and prayers today.

Mrs. "M" said...

Thanks Heather! You would know how to pray.

Andrea said...

so precious. thank you for expressing yourself.