Monday, May 29, 2006

Planning for next year

I am already in the throws of planning next years schedule. Our local convention is coming up this weekend and I am trying to narrow it down. This is my plan for my just turned 6 year old next year. We are mostly classical in our approach.

Language Arts
First Language Lessons
Spelling Workout A/B
ETC Book 4 (sometime through out the year)
Copywork

Math
Singapore 1B/2A
Modern Curriculum Press A/B (as supplement)

History
VP Ancient Egypt/OT with
Story of the World Vol 1

Science
Living Books
Habitats (Evan Moor)
Learning to Be a Scientist (Evan Moor)

CAPP
Health Safety and Manners 1 by Abeka

Bible
Studying God's Word Book B (started this already)

Primary Analogies/Critical Thinking

Piano

P.E. at Trinity

And lots and lots of good literature! Mostly recommendations by Veritas Press and The Well Trained Mind

We are leaving Latin for next year though I still get rushes of latin fever!

1 comment:

Momto5 said...

Wow! You've been busy my friend. I'm just trying to start to think about it and yes convention is in 3 days. Great blog - I just read through it now back to the real world where my baby has climbed on the table for the third time this morning!!!